Friday, February 17, 2012

Living in Bavaria Once Again!

Time to play some blogging catch up. Frank was offered to work again in Grafenwoehr with his former boss with a new contractor in June. We decided he should go ahead and accept since he wouldn't have to start until Dec, and meanwhile, I would try to find employment in Grafenwoehr as well until then to see if it was "meant to be" per Se. Well, it all panned out. I was offered a job right before Thanksgiving, so we went into high gear arranging for shipments and the move.

Hard decision for sure to leave family and friends back in Kentucky since we are expecting a daughter now. I was hoping I could stay at home to raise the kids for a while, but it really would not be the smartest move to make. I have return rights to Kentucky back to my federal position at the Depot, and I get housing/utilities paid for while living over here aside from other reasons.

So, here we are! We just moved into a house in Grafenwoehr and are so close to work it is wonderful. We have been unpacking and painting like crazy and the house is finally coming along. My mom came on the 10th, and has been a huge help. Just waiting for baby girl to arrive any day now. My due date is Feb 26th, so I am in the final stretch, and feel huge for sure. Not sleeping well now (partly because of Cooper being so sick though, and because I have to pee or have indigestion so bad).

Unfortunately, Cooper has been sick now for over a week and it has us all worried. We believe it is the official flu. Cough, fever, no appetite, etc... Poor guy! We did celebrate his birthday over the weekend despite the bug, and had a good time with friends over. We made him a Thomas the Train Cake I found a tutorial online for, and it looked pretty good, but geesh was it ever a lot of work, and the side fell off in the morning accidentally!  Cooper is now 3!! I can't believe it.

I scheduled us to get professional photos done as well a few weeks ago and love them. Here are a few from the photo shoot. Need to get some birthday party photos up on here now as well. Expect to post a big blog once this baby girl arrives with lots of pictures. Hope to get back into blogging again as well...


No comments:

Post a Comment