Thursday, February 4, 2010

First Birthday!!

Cooper is 1! Can't believe it. We had a party at our house on Saturday with a bunch of family and friends between Cooper's naps. I made a carrot cake for the adults in the shape of a barn, and the cupcakes with a cake mix in the shape of animals for the kids. Cooper loved the cream cheese icing and cake and his grandparents got a video of the whole thing. Opening presents was a bit of a craze. All the kids except Cooper opened the gifts and threw paper/toys/bags around. I am clueless to who gave us what and will have to be creative in my Thank You notes.

We have been having lots of snow/rain/cold weather this month. I hate winter in a place where you can't enjoy the snow. We don't have skiing here, and it just turns to mushy muck so fast. Can't climb. Can't figure out what to do with ourselves! Frank is seriously devoted to the treadwall, but I can't seem to get motivated to get in shape or find the time to but I know I need to if I want to have a good season at all this year.

We did visit Cincinnati a few weekends ago to visit the grandparents and climb at the Cincy gym and took Cooper to the zoo for his first time. He learned to growl like the lions and enjoyed strolling around the place. He is walking all over the place now and is not hesitant anymore at all about it which is great, but kind of scary. Most falls are right on his bottom, but sometimes objects get in the way!

Maple and Maya are having to run away more often now from Cooper. Maya knocks Cooper over all the time accidentally and gets so excited and wants to play anytime we are playing with Cooper. They are sick of this weather too! Wish I had off from work like they do in DC!

Trying to figure out plans for this nice long President's Day Weekend. Normally, Frank and I would take a bouldering trip down south, but I can't subject Cooper to 40degree temps. I barely can stand climbing when its that cold out! Hmph. We need to move somewhere warmer.

Now, time to post and get Frank to upload some B-day pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment