Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back to Work Again...

I have officially started back to work full time now and it is just as hard the second time as it was the first. Maybe worse since now we have 2 kids I am leaving :( This was the longest stretch at home I have had with Cooper ever. I really enjoyed it. And I think his behavior had really improved even. I was able to get out and do a lot with the kids. We went to Arco twice, to the zoo 3 times, to Playmobil Fun Park, and to the Frankische Wonderland. I made crafts daily with Cooper, played outside, visited parks, picnics, baking, and just playing all sorts of fun made up games. Cooper is so fun now. He is so smart as well. Always has been, but to hear him articulate so much just amazes me.


Cooper is now back to school, going to the German Kindergarten, and loves it thankfully. He gave me a bowl he painted, a wonderful card with his hand print, and sang I love You, You love me to me in the parking lot for Mothers Day when I picked him up. Loved it. He asks us how to say everything in German now and is really trying to learn it. I am so excited and happy that this transition is going well.

Lillian is almost 3 months old now! She is getting big really fast it seems like all of a sudden. Not near as fast as Cooper though. He was such a chunk. He was 14 pounds at 8 weeks. I have the feeling she is not even 12 pounds, but will find out soon. I need to schedule her 3 month doctor appt. She is kicking lots now, and smiles every time she sees us, and coos more. I still haven't really been able to get a good giggle out of her... I know one is coming very soon though.

At this stage with Cooper, I was freaking out about sleep and naps and schedules. With Lily, I am wiser... I read "The Baby Whisperer" this time, and thing it is the best book to read before having an infant. Lily is not easy to get down all the time, but she is getting used to her crib and will fall asleep in it on her own. Trying not to get her addicted to movement as Cooper was (rocking/swinging/stroller etc). And she has not been able to fall asleep nursing with me yet, so I won't get her stuck on that habit I hope as I did with Cooper. Yes, it is true, number 2 is easier, simply because you know what to expect this time... and you know that each phase doesn't last long and to just simply grin and bear it because "this too shall pass". 

We have our climber friend Tania Allen living with us now. She has been such a huge help and what a relief. She had 2 weeks of me working part time to ease into watching both, and I think that helped. Yesterday was her first day with Cooper alone in the afternoon after school, and it went well. He just takes out his frustrations/grumpiness when I come home... And this morning he woke us up at 5:50 in quite an awful mood. Frank got him out of it though and they grabbed some pastries together at the bakery :) Today when Frank dropped him off he hugged him tightly, gave Frank 5 kisses and smelled him. Frank said "what do I smell like", and he said "like my daddy" and sniffed him again before saying goodbye. Adorable. Love that boy so so much!

Climbing has been once again put on the back burner for me. We did get out Sunday, all together. Cooper and Lily napped a long time, and I did 5 routes, in the sun, with friends! We had a good time. Now if the warm sunny weather could just stay! It is a bit chilly out this week. Highs in the low 60s if that, and lows back down in the low 30s.

No comments:

Post a Comment